AquaFit Miami effectively gets you in shape if you are not and gets you into amazing shape if you are. It’s more than just weight loss and toning up it’s significantly about being the best you can be and feel by increasing your strength, core and flexibility. The water offers you the opportunity to do movements in a more resistant environment that you can’t do on land.
Some of the reasons you should seriously consider starting an AquaFit regiment:
Natural Resistance – Water has 12x the resistance of air and is 790x more viscous/thicker than air. What this means is you apply more force to the water as opposed to the same movement in the air. Instead of gravity as resistance the water dynamic resistant force is constant, which means the more force that is applied the more resistance it will offer. This is a huge benefit that affords many different aqua fitness and skill level participants to exercise together, modifying the movement to meet their individual needs.
Less Likely to Injure – Because of the resistance, AquaFit movements in the water tend to be slower and more controlled, which lessens the risk of injury. This constant resistance helps to promote muscular balance and allows for a variety of ways to create resistance to exercise that will not overload muscles or joints.
Decreased Heart Rate – As much as 17 bpm in the water compared to air
Increased Oxygen in Bloodstream – As much as 20% more oxygen is pumped thru the heart as a result of AquaFit training in the water allowing for you to breathe easier and if desired, push harder.
Virtually No Impact – AquaFit exercises decreases compression of body joints and unlike conventional weight and cardio exercises there is virtually no muscle soreness the days that follow a workout.
Psychological Well-Being – Exercising in water promotes relaxation, reduces potential for overheating that leads to excessive sweating, unlike the unsanitized gym environs of cardio or weight equipment
Feel Refreshed – After an AquaFit workout when you step out of the water you feel refreshed and invigorated.
3 levels of resistance – Mix and match your AquaFit workout depending on your fitness level with Cardio, Cross-Training and Sculpting you can find the complete or target workout you want.
- Circulatory System – benefits greatly from aquatic exercise due to the increased muscle contraction and aerobic activity, causing the heart to work more effectively.
- Cardiorespiratory System – benefits from aquatic exercise due to increased lung capacity with deeper ventilations. Vigorous aerobic aquatic exercise increases blood supply to muscles and enhances the efficiency of the cardiovascular system.
- Musculoskeletal System – muscles and bones benefit from aquatic exercise due to improved flexibility and improved muscular strength and endurance.
- Skeletal System – research that shows aquatic exercise can help in bone calcium intake, resulting in the ability to help maintain stronger bones.
- Maximum Flexibility – the water environment invites all age groups, fitness levels, and skill levels. It affords an instructor enough flexibility to teach a wide variety of classes from water yoga to intense athletic training, from stretching and relaxation classes to muscular training formats.
- Preventatives – helps control weight; reduce risk of developing high blood pressure, diabetes, colon cancer; reduces risk of premature death and heart disease; helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints